A few weeks ago my son asked me for a Bandaid in the car. “Sure, bud. One second.” Then I scoured my black hole of a center console for a Bandaid. Could I be void of such a momma necessity? Yep, I was. I couldn’t believe it. #facepalm
So I set out to make sure this never happened again with a little experiment. I kept a small notebook in my car and whenever something came up that we needed I wrote it down. I did this for 2 weeks and compiled an epic list of must haves for my car so I was prepared for whatever life threw at us.
Here it is – with one revision of items that came up in the following week. (A wine opener for an impromptu girl’s picnic, duh)
Here are the goods:
- Clorox wipes : Disinfecting wipes. Enough said.
- Pacifica Under Arm Wipes : When you don’t have time to run home and need a quick refresher. They are awesome and smelling isn’t.
- Oh Joy first aid bag from Target : Perfect size, amazing compartments and fits in the side of the car door perfectly.
- Lip and Cheek Tint (Love this one from Benefit): A dash of color to revive your makeup and look lively. And everyone that knows me knows how I feel about lipstick. It can truly fix most things – fake it until you make it!
- Nail Polish (One of my favorites is on sale now, a steal!) : When you look down and realize your pedicure is a little worn from running around being awesome and you need to freshen up quick.
- Nail File : Just grab one of your hundreds.
- Mascara : Grab one of your ones from a gift with purchase (I always love Clinques) or a travel sized one
- Dry Shampoo : A must. Hides the fact that you may or not have time to shower today.
- Travel Deodorant : Kinda a given.
- Tissues : For runny noses, dirty hands and everything kid
- Mineral Sunscreen: Easy to apply when running around – great for kids and for over makeup. This one from Colorescience is the best one I have found! I have in every bag.
- Essential Oil Blend: I have been obsessed with essential oil blends – It’s like a quick yoga class in a bottle. A friend made this for me and I love it. If that is not your jam, this company is amazing – the Goodbye Headache is everything.
- Flushable Wipes: For Biff’s and travel rest stations
- Hand Sanitizer: This one from my Grove Collaborative is awesome.
- Shout Wipes: Because, well, coffee, kids, meals on the run….these will be used.
- Blotting Papers: Got these as a cute gift and thought that this was the perfect place for them in for a quick touch up. These peppermint ones are also darling! Fun girly gift idea, too.
- Sewing Kit: I got this from a hotel, but they sell online as well.
- Tampons: Well, its kinda obvious. And sucks when you need one and don’t have it.
- Hair binders: Again, obvious and necessary when you are over your hair.
- Bandaids: Ah, the whole reason for this exercise. Love these. But also have some plain ones for my sons and their dad as to not ruin their life with embarrassment.
- Neosporen: I had some travel ones from a first aid kit, but this travel one is great, too!
- Safety pins: They can save an array of wardrobe malfunctions.
- Wine Wipes: Got these as a gift and not 1o0% necessary, but figured it can’t hurt when you need to wipe off the red wine you snuck in to that little league game. Also, cute girly gift.
- Advil (or whatever one you prefer): I love these – one for the car, one for the handbag.
- Pens and a Sharpie: It is amazing how often you won’t have one and you will need it.
- Floss – Nothing worst than needing it and not having it. So annoying.
- Tweezers: For slivers and eyebrows touch ups. Mini ones are the best.
- Wine opener: Because not every bottle is a twist off and sometimes impromptu wine picnics with moms at playdates happen.
- Measuring Tape: This one is perfect and light.
- Cash: I always have some in the car for lemonade stands and for emergencies
Here is mine. What would you add?