It’s football season. And with that comes a new mindset of cooking. Easy, comforting and able to feed lots a big men at one time. Because, let’s face it, the charcuterie tray and hummus trio won’t cut it for most dads I know. They are way to tough and strong for that – they want meat. And cheese. And beer. Grrr. #yesIamexaggeratingforthebit
Anyway, laying in bed the night before I was cruising through my Facebook feed like every good 30-something mom and focused on cooking videos. Gosh, I just love those. And there I saw it – the one I have been looking for – the bacon wrapped meat circle on Tasty.co – Recipe Below from Website.
It was a hit! #bestwifeofthenightaward
What I loved: Super easy to make, could bake it and not stand by a grill, could serve it on one tray and people could serve themselves. #bam
for 8 servings
- 2 lb ground beef
- ¼ cup worcestershire
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 lb bacon, cut in half
- 8 roll
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 ½ cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup green chilli
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a bowl, add the ground beef, worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix to combine.
- Transfer to a wire rack on a sheet pan. Create a ring shape with the meat mixture, gently pressing it flat until it’s 2 inches (5 cm) thick.
- Place each piece of bacon around the meat ring tucking the bacon underneath.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then broil 15-20 minutes on high heat until bacon is crisp.
- In a saucepan, add ½ cup (120 ml) of milk and flour on medium heat, whisking until thickened and pulling away from pan.
- Pour in the rest of the milk and add the salt, stir until bubbling and thickened about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, green chilies, and Dijon mustard. Transfer to a ramekin or bowl. Set aside.
- Arrange the bottom rolls in a circle. Place meat ring on top of buns. Add lettuce and tomato on top of the meat ring then place the top part of the buns around the top of the meat ring.
- Place fondue in the center of the meat ring. Slice and serve immediately.